Job Title: Domestic Abuse Support Worker Maternity Cover
Post Reference Number: 012607
Working Hours: 37
Salary: £23,953 to £26,446 pro rata for hours worked
Contract: Fixed Term 9 months
Are you passionate about making a difference to people’s lives?
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Community Safety team for a Domestic Abuse Support Worker to join us in supporting people experiencing domestic abuse across Hertfordshire.
You will play a key role in the delivery of our domestic abuse service in Hertfordshire by supporting victims and overseeing our drop-in service. As a Domestic Abuse Support Worker, you will be supporting victims and their families and liaising with partner agencies, representing the organisation at professional meetings including child protection conferences.
To be successful in this role you will have been educated to a good standard including HND/HNC Housing, ASB Qualification, qualification or equivalent practical knowledge and experience of working previously in an area providing support and guidance
You will be able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team, deal calmly and confidently with emotional situations and have the ability to understand the needs and perceptions of residents.
A full UK driving licence (with access to own vehicle) is desirable.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
• Pension Scheme: We offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
• Flexible working: available upon request, subject to operational requirements.
• Part time and Job share: all our full time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated.
• A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
• 24 days holiday rising to 30 days (depending on Local Government service)
• An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
• Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
• Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Stevenage Credit Union: secure savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans.
• Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership of the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC)
• Discounted Health and Fitness membership at SLL
• Trade Unions: For a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact
Domestic Abuse Liaison Officer
To apply online, please visit https://jobs.stevenage.gov.uk/StevenageBorough/Home
Closing date for receipt of applications: 04 November 2022
Please note that if we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All. For further information please click https://www.stevenage.gov.uk/about-the-council/jobs-and-careers/equal-opportunities