JOB TITLE Building Surveyors (Specialist Works) Damp and Condensation
POST NUMBERS 009365 and 009366
WEEKLY WORKING HOURS 37
SALARY RANGE £37,261 to £40,478 pa – pro rata for hours worked
TYPE OF CONTRACT Permanent
LOCATION Stevenage and Hybrid
ABOUT THE ROLE
- To carry out inspections to Council owned dwellings in response to reports of damp, condensation and mould
- To provide a high quality customer focussed service including ensuring that cases are actively managed from cradle to grave with consideration for the customers individual needs
- To manage the contractors delivering the remedial works including regular review/case management meetings
- To ensure that quality management is an integral part of the case management
- To ensure that SBC achieves value for money from its contractors
- To deal with tenant complaints and assist with enquiries from Members [of the Council and/or Parliament]
The successful candidate will have:
- Surveying experience along with a professional surveying qualification i.e. HNC. HND, BSc Etc.
- Experience in the diagnosis of damp, condensation and mould within domestic premises
- Ability to prescribe remedial works to address damp, condensation, mould and other repairs
- Experience of working for a Local Authority or Housing Association
- Ability to produce detailed reports where required
- A commitment to customer focussed professional service
- Good communication skills across and the ability to convey information in a manner the audience can understand.
- An interest in developing the service through improved communication, the introduction of new products, techniques and technology.
- Pension Scheme: We offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- Flexible working: available upon request, subject to operational requirements.
- Part time and Job share opportunism - all our full-time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated.
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- 25 days holiday rising to 31 days (depending on Local Government service)
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues
- Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Stevenage Credit Union: secure savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans.
- Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership of the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC)
- Discounted Health and Fitness membership
- Trade Unions: For a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be made on online - please visit https://jobs.stevenage.gov.uk/StevenageBorough/Home
For an informal discussion about this role please contact
Name Keith Peirson
Job Title Investment Programme Manager
Phone Number 07874 866434
Closing date for receipt of applications: 09 June 2023
Interviews will be held week commencing: 12 June 2023
Please note that if we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All. For further information please click https://www.stevenage.gov.uk/about-the-council/jobs-and-careers/equal-opportunities