Job Title: Green Spaces Projects Manager
Post Reference Number: 000412
Working Hours: 22
Salary Range: £37,261 to £40,478 - pro rata for hours worked
Contract: Fixed Term Contract – 2 Years
Stevenage is a new town with an impressive offering of over 70 key green spaces, including parks, play areas, allotments and woodlands. Our residents enjoy and fully use a wide range of outdoor facilities and take pride in the town’s parks, open spaces, sports and recreation facilities.
The principle purpose of the post is to manage a range of our environmental projects from inception, consultation, procurement and delivery, to completion and the launch events.
With proven project management, you will have the ability to organise workloads and resources, manage contractors and work to strict deadlines. The postholder will deliver a range of green space projects including play space improvements that will benefit children and young people in the town, so knowledge of designing and delivering equipped play spaces is essential.
If you are a dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic person, with a track record of delivering exciting and innovative projects, and would like to play a key role in the development of some of Stevenage’s prestigious green spaces, we would like to hear from you.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
• Pension Scheme: We offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
• Flexible working: available upon request, subject to operational requirements.
• Part time and Job share: all our full time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated.
• A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
• 24 days holiday rising to 30 days (depending on Local Government service)
• An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
• Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
• Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Stevenage Credit Union: secure savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans.
• Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership of the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC)
• Discounted Health and Fitness membership
• Trade Unions: For a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Julia Hill, Environmental Policy & Development Manager 01438 242900
To apply online, please visit https://jobs.stevenage.gov.uk/StevenageBorough/Home
Closing date for receipt of applications: 5 April 2023
Please note that if we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All. For further information please click https://www.stevenage.gov.uk/about-the-council/jobs-and-careers/equal-opportunities