Job Title: Independent Living Cleaner
Post Number: 000399
Working Hours: 20 hours per week
Salary Range: £21,025 to £21,189 pa - pro rata for hours worked
We are currently looking for a conscientious, hard-working person to join our team of Independent Living cleaners that are responsible for cleaning and maintaining the communal areas of our Independent Living and Flexicare schemes including guest rooms and laundry. Duties will include hoovering, dusting, sweeping, wiping and sanitising etc.
You will need to be flexible as you will be required to cover at any scheme in Stevenage. It is essential that you have use of a vehicle which has business insurance cover in order for you to be able to carry out your duties. A mileage allowance will be payable.
The successful candidate will have:
• excellent domestic cleaning skills
• good communication skills at all levels
• good administration and record keeping skills
• a flexible outlook and attitude to working in a customer focussed team.
• be able to work on their own initiative and have prioritisation skills
Uniform is provided.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
• Pension Scheme: We offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
• Flexible working: available upon request, subject to operational requirements.
• Part time and Job share: all our full time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated.
• A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
• 24 days holiday rising to 30 days (depending on Local Government service)
• An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
• Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
• Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Stevenage Credit Union: secure savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans.
• Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership of the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC)
• Discounted Health and Fitness membership at SLL
• Trade Unions: For a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact by email Jeanne.Ndjovg@stevenage.gov.uk
To apply online, please visit https://jobs.stevenage.gov.uk/StevenageBorough/Home
Closing date for receipt of applications: 31 January 2023
Please note that if we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All. For further information please click https://www.stevenage.gov.uk/about-the-council/jobs-and-careers/equal-opportunities