Job Title: Waste Operative
Post Reference Number: 012659 012660 012661
Working Hours: 37
Salary Range: £22,777 to £25,409 pa pro rata for hours worked
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed individuals to join our Stevenage Direct Services team, undertaking refuse and recycling operations within the town of Stevenage.
Experience in the industry is desirable with an ability to build strong team relations, using initiative to problem solve and a keen eye for detail to ensure a high standard or work is completed.
Tasks undertaken include:
• Collection of residential refuse and recycling waste
• Collection of commercial refuse and recycling waste
• Collection of bulky waste items from residential and commercial properties
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
• Pension Scheme: We offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
• Flexible working: available upon request, subject to operational requirements.
• Part time and Job share: all our full time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated.
• A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
• 24 days holiday rising to 30 days (depending on Local Government service)
• An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
• Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
• Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Stevenage Credit Union: secure savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans.
• Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership of the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC)
• Discounted Health and Fitness membership at SLL
• Trade Unions: For a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact email@example.com and Sean firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply online, please visit https://jobs.stevenage.gov.uk/StevenageBorough/Home
Please note that if we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All. For further information please click https://www.stevenage.gov.uk/about-the-council/jobs-and-careers/equal-opportunities