Job Title: Business Support Officer
Post Reference Number: 000854
Working Hours: 37
Salary Range: £22,777 to £ 25409pa - pro rata for hours worked
Contract: Fixed Term Contract 6 months
We are looking for a Business Support Officer to support various service areas and projects, providing a range of technical and non-technical support for the Repairs and Maintenance service areas by providing an effective, proactive administration service.
They will be part of a team that supports improvement projects across the business unit. The post holder must be flexible, approachable and keen to work well with tenants, contractors, suppliers and colleagues, providing cover for other Business Support Officers or Planners during sickness absence, annual leave, meetings, training and other absences.
They will need to champion a culture of continuous improvement, adhere to our values, helping us to shape the service for the future, ensuring effective performance monitoring and management arrangements are in place, providing timely intervention as necessary to sustain high standards of performance and excellent service provision to our customers.
Specific Role Details
• Effectively deal with Repairs and Maintenance requests including the accurate raising of works orders, work scheduling, appointing, order variation and completion.
• To maintain and update records, files and computer databases including the Repairs and Maintenance training program and complaints tracker as required, to ensure accurate performance and cost
analysis reporting is achieved.
• To contribute to the review of all policies and procedures relating to the business area, including user acceptance testing.
• Process invoices for sub-contractors and suppliers, ensuring all submitted invoices are coded to the correct expenditure code and are dealt with in accordance to SBC requirements and that all costs
are recovered in line with Financial Regulations.
• Manage learning and development information and databases, interrogating systems and providing detailed reports as required to ensure managers are able to develop all learning needs.
• Support with leasehold and insurance enquiries relating to repairs and maintenance.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
• Pension Scheme: We offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
• Flexible working: available upon request, subject to operational requirements.
• Part time and Job share: all our full time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated.
• A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
• 25 days holiday rising to 31 days (depending on Local Government service)
• An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
• Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
• Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Stevenage Credit Union: secure savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans.
• Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership of the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC)
• Discounted Health and Fitness membership
• Trade Unions: For a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Lorraine Lucey, R&M Business Support Manager on 07718 122759 or via email at Lorraine.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply online, please visit https://jobs.stevenage.gov.uk/StevenageBorough/Home
Closing date for receipt of applications: 11 June 2023
Interviews will be held week commencing: 19 June 2023
Please note that if we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All. For further information please click https://www.stevenage.gov.uk/about-the-council/jobs-and-careers/equal-opportunities