Job Title: Part Time Mobile Caretaker
Post Reference Numbers: 012851
Working Hours: 22 hours per week – flexible on hours worked
Salary Range: £21,575 to £ 22,369 pa - pro rata for hours worked
As a Mobile Caretaker you will work as part of a team to ensure that all our estates and communal areas are clean, tidy and in a safe condition.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with contractors and tenants/residents on site to achieve agreed works are completed within agreed timeframes. You will carry out cleaning duties as well as health and safety inspections, liaise between tenants, leaseholders and management, and as act as Stevenage Borough Council’s representative when on site, you will provide a courteous and efficient service at all times. There will be requirement for you to cover shifts Monday to Sunday, 5 days from 7 on a rotational basis.
The successful candidate will be able to work effectively as part of a team, with the ability to build effective working relationships. You will need the ability to complete physically demanding tasks and to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment. The post holder may be required to work weekends on a rota basis. Further details will be provided at interview.
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
• Pension Scheme: We offer a career average pension scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
• Flexible working: available upon request, subject to operational requirements.
• Part time and Job share: all our full time vacancies are open to job share unless otherwise stated.
• A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
• 24 days holiday rising to 30 days pro rata (depending on Local Government service)
• An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
• Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
• Season ticket loans and discounts for public transport
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Stevenage Credit Union: secure savings, free life insurance and access to cheap loans.
• Employee Discounts: via monthly paid membership of the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC)
• Discounted Health and Fitness membership at SLL
• Trade Unions: For a small fee, all employees have the opportunity to join a Trade Union.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Sandra Clark on 01438 242760.
To apply online, please visit https://jobs.stevenage.gov.uk/StevenageBorough/Home
Closing date for receipt of applications: 23 April 2023
Interviews will be held week commencing: 24 April 2023
Please note that if we receive a large volume of applications for this role, we reserve the right to close this vacancy ahead of the published closing date
Stevenage Borough Council (SBC) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, volunteers and recruitment candidates to share this commitment. SBC shall take all reasonable steps to employ staff who are safe to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults. For posts identified with regular contact with these groups applicants will be required to undertake a Value Based Interview. The council supports the legislative requirements for employing and maintaining safer staff and the guidance specified by Hertfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Stevenage Borough Council is committed to Equal Opportunities for All. For further information please click https://www.stevenage.gov.uk/about-the-council/jobs-and-careers/equal-opportunities